Tips on how to clean kitchen spaces
The issue of a clean kitchen space is more relevant than ever. The kitchen – the center of the home, is the most visited area of each house, so you would like it to be clean. However, every time you cook, there are new stains left. This is why the perennial fight against dirt in the kitchen is rightfully considered the most time-consuming and daunting procedure. If you want to find out how to clean kitchen effectively and not spend hours on it, here are some tips that can save you some headache.
How to Clean Kitchen
Thanks to the modern market variety, any landlord can choose effective fat and dirt removers. The most popular ones are based on:
- Alkaline – they have a very mild effect and can be used for any type of furniture covers. Special active additives in the composition are able to clean hard-to-remove dirt and stains of fat;
- Acid – there are the most effective, but also the most aggressive.
Remember that these cleaning chemicals contain very few organic components. Therefore, before using any such chemicals on kitchen surfaces, carefully read the information from the manufacturer. It is only when you are sure that the chemical detergent is suitable that you can safely proceed to cleaning without fear of damaging your kitchen.
How to Clean Kitchen with Baking Soda and Sea Salt
The distinctiveness of this method of how to clean kitchen spaces is its universal application. The combination of baking soda and sea salt removes unpleasant odors and is suitable for washing almost all kitchen surfaces except those that are lacquered. Excellent results are achieved when washing tiles, wooden surfaces and kitchen aprons.
Learn how to clean kitchen like a pro with these simple tips:
- Before cleaning the kitchen with baking soda and sea salt, you should soften the fatty deposits. Wipe the surface with a sponge or cloth dipped in hot water and wait for a few minutes.
- Mix baking soda and salt in equal quantities. If the salt grains are too large, grind them into fine powder. Then dilute the powder with warm water to get a thick paste.
- Using a soft sponge, apply the mixture to the surface of the kitchen counter you want to clean, carefully working on the dirtiest and fattiest spots. Then wait for 15-20 minutes. Some obese fatty contaminants will take much longer. It is important that the cleaning solution does not dry out: the mixture must remain moist.
- After the necessary time has passed, wipe the surface twice with a clean sponge moistened with warm water. For the final cleaning of the soda-salt mixture from the kitchen surface, wipe with a sponge or a cloth moistened with cold water.
If necessary, clean one more time in the same way.
How to Clean Kitchen with Citric Acid, Alcohol and Vinegar
This method of cleaning the kitchen works best with fat and excessive odors; it also disinfects the kitchen. To prepare the mixture, dissolve 3-4 sachets of citric acid in a small amount of cold water. Using a sponge, apply the mixture to dirty areas until the acid granules dissolve. You need to wait for about 10 minutes, depending on how dirty the surface is. Then take a clean sponge soaked in alcohol or vodka, and wipe the citric acid away.
Cleaning the Kitchen with Vinegar
If you don’t have citric acid in the house, it can be successfully replaced with table vinegar. To make the kitchen area tidy, make a mixture of acetic acid with diluted alcohol and pour into a spray bottle. Apply the result product with a dispenser to fat stains point by spray. After waiting a little less than 10 minutes, wipe the kitchen furniture with a rag dipped in cold water.
How to Clean Kitchen Cabinets
This subsection discusses how to clean kitchen cabinets, which is the primary area of interest for people looking to take care of the kitchen.
Cleaning kitchen cabinets is a very tedious task. Every landlord wants to spend as little energy as possible on cleaning up the kitchen and spend more time with the family. To minimize time and effort, you can perform minor cleaning in the kitchen each time you see spots. The easiest way to clean fat is while it’s still moist, so develop the habit of wiping your kitchen space while you are cooking. This daily cleaning will make it much easier to clean the kitchen cabinets when the time comes.
A little tip for landlords: to achieve minimum precious time for washing kitchen cabinets from grease and accumulated dirt, lay a food wrap on top. It is easy to replace the wrap as it gets dirty, and your kitchen cabinets will remain clean.
How to Protect Your Kitchen Cabinets
The most important part about cleaning kitchen cabinets is not to damage their surface. The scratches will absorb grease and dirt, and the set will lose that very look you bought it for, ruining your mood each time you notice. That is why it is recommended to avoid using sponges with abrasive surface and replace them with soft brushes and cloth. Also, make sure to avoid circular motions when cleaning: you should wipe up and down straight.
To maintain your kitchen cabinets in an excellent condition, you must:
- carefully choose cleaning supplies based on their composition;
- comply with all the necessary recommendations of the manufacturer, application and storage of your chosen means;
- check how compatible the cleaning product is with the kitchen cabinets’ surface by applying it to a small area and checking out the effect
- Some chemicals are very aggressive not only against grease but also your skin. The chemical substances dry out and damage the skin, penetrating the body and causing various types of allergic reactions, so use latex gloves when cleaning the kitchen.
- If you have bronchial diseases, make sure to use a mask or a respirator. After cleaning, immediately ventilate the area.
- If you have small children, store the cleaning supplies out of their reach. You also shouldn’t allow children into the kitchen while you are cleaning.
Did we cover all the tricks, or do you have other ideas of how to clean kitchen spaces and make every item shine? Do share them in the comments below – your feedback is greatly appreciated!